Sunday, March 4, 2012

This is project i did for a class analyzing what people commonly consider "home". I set out with the idea of documenting where the home-less or house-less call home. I bought a disposable camera and gave myself two days to walk throughout downtown Oakland and Berkeley taking pictures of locations where I have seen home-less men and women sleep at night. I started in Oakland and ended up finishing the whole roll, 24 photos, in about two hours only shooting places where I have seen and continure see the homeless sleep after nightfall. Something that came as a surprise to me but is definitely a testament to just how many individuals call this area "home". After some editing I ended up 22 pictures all shot durring the day and completely void of a human presence.

The 5 photos below show the project on display durring my class





No comments: